Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Rejection hurts like hell...

How many of us have prayed for something, and then when it doesn't happen you immediately feel like praying isn't worth it anymore?

Well, let me help you relate... so, I applied for two new job positions, with the hopes of making much more money than I do now... let me just say, I got rejected from both. Didn't even get granted an interview by them folks. I mean... did they even take a look at my resume!?!?! Did they even read my cover letter I took two whole days to type up!?!?! I bet they didn't! Forget them folks!

*sigh* I was disappointed. Felt like all the schooling and working I've done all my life to get ahead is really pointless. To be honest, I had actually taken a break from job hunting for a while because of this feeling that the rejection emails always gave me. It makes me question my abilities and sort of makes me feel unworthy. Not smart enough, not hardworking enough. It is already draining dealing with lupus because I feel like this disease has already taken so much from me, and now, when I try to advance myself and get ahead...  BOOM!!! "Sorry, we have decided to go with a more qualified candidate."

MORE QUALIFIED!?!?!? Are you serious!? I could do that job with my eye CLOSED!!!!!!

Then while online reading I came across something that got me thinking...


I'm trying my hardest to remind myself that something out there is better, but ya'll I'm human. It's really okay to feel sad and disappointed about things not happening the way you intended them do. I mean, I don't expect every single thing to go my way, but it gets draining when you've been in a runt for a long time, and it really does feel like God is ignoring me.

The best thing I can do for myself is to somehow use these experiences for a way to somehow heal my own heart, mind, and soul. To stay sane, I have to choose this way to interpret rejection because in some kind of way, this really could be an opportunity for redirection. I think back on all of my previous rejections and even though it took some time, I still managed in some kind of way ending up on top or getting something better. Of course, off the back, we aren't going to look at rejection as a blessing because it does hurt, but moving forward you have to embrace it and be prepared for the new journey that your life is about to take.

Practice redirecting that negative feeling into creating a life so great for yourself, that you'll soon look back at all your rejection letters, emails,  or voicemails and be able to smile and laugh about them, knowing that "You are good enough, even better!" Don't let anyone tell you that you have to just get over it" because I'm a living witness that it's easier said than done, however, don't let rejection be something that keeps you down for long, because trust and believe me... what's to come is going to blow your mind! (in a good way)😉

No comments:

Post a Comment